Trick To Remove Ads From Yahoo Messenger
Ahhh.. It feels so good to be back Exams went great, and so did my blog stats. I’m really happy to see that my feed count did not decrease. Thank you all for staying with the feed
Since Yahoo! has released Yahoo Messenger 8, they started displaying ads at the bottom of the window. Yahoo! Messenger, itself is crowded with stuff like Radio, plugins etc. and with ads it looks very ugly. It gets really annoying when they display flashy animated ads.
In this post, I’ll tell you how to remove those ads from the bottom of Yahoo! Messenger 8 and 9 Beta.
NOTE: After you remove the ads, you won’t be able to use the Chat Room feature. So, don’t try this trick if you use that feature.
How to remove ads in Yahoo! Messenger 8
1. Make sure your Yahoo! Messenger is closed.
Done! Yeah, really… It’s done!
What actually happened
The batch file you downloaded changes the following registry entries from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Yahoo\pager\YUrl
- Messenger Ad
- Webcam Upload Ad
- Webcam Viewer Ad
- Webcam Viewer Ad Big
- Webcam Viewer Ad Medium
- Change Room Banner
- Conf Adurl
- Chat Adurl
The data value of the above entries is changed to an asterisk (*).
How to remove ads in Yahoo! Messenger 9 Beta
The above procedure doesn’t work for the version 9 Beta. So I found an alternate method to remove the ads. But remember, by trying this you are breaking Yahoo! Messenger’s terms of service.
1. Exit Yahoo! Messenger.
2. Backup C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe by creating a new copy.
4. Open C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe in the hex editor.
5. Go to the offset 295928 (in HxD: Search/GoTo)
6. Look at the right column and replace y from “y.m.s.g.r.a.d.s” with p
7. Save the file and close your hex editor.
Sumber : sizzledcore.com